Google

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Plan for Summer

So this summer me and my friend want to go to the keys to spend a couple days. I haven't been back to the keys since 2001. I miss being there but I'm not sure I would care to live there again. Maybe have a beach house or something to go to on vacations but nothing permanent.

Oh yeah, so anyways. We want to spend a couple days in the keys but we are still trying to figure out how we are going to do this since she lives in South Dakota and I live here in North Florida. I was thinking she might fly into Jacksonville and we rent a car and drive from there to the keys, which would be an 8 hr drive. Or we both just buy direct flight plane tickets to the keys. Which the cheapest is $310 and the most is $604. For her tickets, since I just looked it up, would be between $462 and $1100. I'm debating on whether I should ask a friend to let us bunk with them or just get a hotel in another key that would be cheaper to stay in. The cheapest per night stay would be $119 a night. If we stay there 7 days it'd be 833 dollars plus you figure tax and parking decal we're looking at close to 860.

It's panning out to be a very expensive vacation. We'll see.

So the other night I was on the phone with a childhood friend, like we've known each other since 5th grade in the keys. Anyways, it's crazy how much we are a like as far as reading people, relationship status, and humor. No, I don't think that he's magically my soul mate or anything but it's just cool to see how we've grown up. I did offer to scoop him up for the key west trip since we spoke about how much we missed it.

I have yet to physically meet him since our departure from the keys. One of these days we'll make plans to meet up.

No comments:

Earn $25 from Revolutionary Money Exchange

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange