Google

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Why do we stay?

I'm curious to know why women stay in a relationship when it's obvious the male is not going to amount to anything? I mean like he has no drive, ambition, lacks compromise, and lack of liability. Maybe lack of liability isn't the best way to describe someone who doesn't want to take blame for their actions, but I can't think of a better word right now.

We could say it's love, but is it really? In my personal opinion, to put it bluntly, it is fear that keeps us there. Fear of being alone and having to start over again. Fear of not knowing how the ending of the relationship will go over with the partner. Just fear.

If you're a woman reading this blog, please feel free to leave a comment on your thoughts about this. :o)

1 comment:

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Good point - fear. I was in a situation a long time ago where I stayed for 5 years with a boy (not, not a man) who cheated on me, treated me like he could have cared less and then seemed surprised when I was the one to end it. I saw him again months later (maybe years come to think of it) and I had definitely grown but he was still the same idiot child. It wouldn't surprise me if he was still the same 25 years from now. When you say it is fear I think that is what it is - fear of change that makes us stay, change is scary but a fact of life. If we stay in a "comfort" situation it will never change (no matter how bad we know it really is) and then we don't have to face a scary thing. A vicious circle.

Thanks for the food for thought :)

Earn $25 from Revolutionary Money Exchange

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange